Sat. Sep 23rd, 2023
    Multiple Businesses Evacuated in Spokane Due to Gas Leak

    Several businesses in northwest Spokane were evacuated after a gas leak was detected in the area. The Spokane Fire Department (SFD) reported that the leak originated from a two-inch pipe located behind one of the buildings. Thankfully, there was no indication of gas inside the building.

    As a precautionary measure, popular establishments such as Starbucks, Walmart, and Safeway were evacuated while authorities assessed the situation. Gas monitors and Avista, the local gas company, were also present at the scene to assist with resolving the issue.

    The incident is currently under investigation, and there is no specific timeline for when businesses will be able to reopen. Ensuring the safety of employees and customers is the top priority, and authorities are taking all necessary measures to address the gas leak swiftly and efficiently.

    Gas leaks can pose significant risks, including the potential for explosions and health hazards. It is crucial for businesses and individuals to be aware of the signs of a gas leak, such as the smell of gas, hissing sounds, or discolored vegetation around gas lines. If a gas leak is suspected, it is important to evacuate the area immediately and report it to the local gas company or emergency services.

    – Spokane Fire Department (SFD)
    – Avista (local gas company)