Sat. Sep 23rd, 2023
    Forest Hills Elementary School Evacuated and Delayed Due to Gas Smell

    Forest Hills Elementary School in Lake Oswego was forced to evacuate the building and delay the start of the school day on Tuesday morning after a strong smell of gas was reported indoors. The Lake Oswego Fire Department responded to calls late Monday night from residents in the First Addition neighborhood who reported the smell of sulfur, which they believed to be natural gas.

    As a precautionary measure, authorities quickly evacuated the school and conducted an investigation to determine the source of the odor. The safety and well-being of the students and staff were the top priority for school officials and emergency responders.

    While the exact cause of the gas smell is still under investigation, it is a relief that no gas leak or other dangerous situation was found. The Lake Oswego Fire Department confirmed that there was no immediate threat to the students and staff.

    The incident highlights the importance of prompt action in response to any gas-related concerns. In this case, both the school and the fire department took swift action to ensure the safety of everyone involved.

    It is crucial for individuals to be aware of the signs of a potential gas leak, such as the smell of sulfur or rotten eggs. If such a smell is detected, it is important to evacuate the area immediately and call emergency services. Gas leaks can be highly dangerous and should never be taken lightly.

    In conclusion, Forest Hills Elementary School was evacuated and the start of the school day was delayed due to a gas smell reported indoors. While no immediate threat was found, it is a reminder of the importance of responding promptly to any gas-related concerns.

    – Lake Oswego Fire Department
    – Forest Hills Elementary School