Shares of Duke Energy Corp. experienced a slight drop of 0.23% on Monday, closing at $94.96. This decline occurred despite a positive trading session for the overall stock market. The S&P 500 Index rose by 0.07% to reach 4,453.53, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased by 0.02% to reach 34,624.30.
This marks the second consecutive day of losses for Duke Energy Corp. The stock is currently $11.91 below its 52-week high of $106.87 reached on September 21st. When compared to some of its competitors, Duke Energy Corp. displayed a mixed performance. NextEra Energy Inc. fell by 0.58% to $68.24, Southern Co. fell by 0.20% to $70.95, and Dominion Energy Inc. rose by 0.33% to $48.63.
The trading volume for Duke Energy Corp. on Monday was 3.7 million shares, surpassing its 50-day average volume of 3.0 million shares.
It is important to note that this article was automatically generated by Automated Insights, an automation technology provider. The data used in this article was sourced from Dow Jones and FactSet.
– Duke Energy Corp.: A multinational energy company that provides electricity and natural gas services to customers.
– S&P 500 Index: A stock market index that measures the performance of 500 large companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States.
– Dow Jones Industrial Average: A stock market index that represents the performance of 30 large, publicly traded companies in the United States.
– NextEra Energy Inc.: A clean energy company that operates renewable power generation facilities.
– Southern Co.: A utility company that provides electricity and natural gas services to customers in the southeastern United States.
– Dominion Energy Inc.: An integrated energy company that provides electricity and natural gas services to customers in the United States.
Sources: Dow Jones, FactSet